Medium: Oil on Board (Framed)
Size: 27 x 24cm
Signed and Dated
Acquired Direct from the Artist
Although she was born in the great industrial city of Coventry, Mary has spent most of her life in the country and nearly all of that in the Wye Valley.
Her paintings give intriguing views of life, which though contemporary, are intensely nostalgic, often rustic snapshots of a way of life that many people are tempted to think is long past.
She says of her paintings: “They reflect the small moments of time from happy memories and imagination that have been part of my life for more years than I care to remember.
“I am fortunate enough to have had work accepted for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, the RWA Open Exhibition (Bristol), the Llewellyn Alexander Gallery (London) and many other exhibitions and galleries, both local and further afield.
“I sometimes pinch myself thinking how lucky I am to be a painter – every day is a new day full of expectation for the magic that painting can bring - when all goes well, and with the knowledge that I can never be bored, there is always so much to see, do and think about.”
Mary has exhibited her work at numerous galleries and art competitions, including:
· The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, London
· National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff
· The National Eisteddfod of Wales 2016, Abergavenny
· The RWA Open Exhibition, Bristol
· Affordable Art Fair, London
· The Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, London
· Oriel Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, Pwllheli
· Fountain Fine Art, Cardiff and Llandeilo
· Broadway Arts Festival, Broadway
· Broadway Modern (John Noott Galleries), Broadway
· Little Buckland Gallery, Broadway
· Greenstage Gallery, Worcestershire
· Workshop Wales, Pembrokeshire
· Parabola Arts Centre, Cheltenham
· Burford Art Gallery, Burford